Benchmarking explanation sheet file

LSUFan

Several years prior (and a few computer crashes ago), I had downloaded a file that someone had made, that was a benchmarking explanation sheet. It briefly explained to landowners, what benchmarking and geodetic survey markers are, and our intent was just to take pictures and update numbers. It's real similar to the geocaching brochure that you can download from Geocacher-U.

Can anyone be so kind as to point me back to this sheet/file, where I can save it again? Thanks

I think I vaguely remember the document you are talking about. I just searched my current computer and my previous hard drive and I can’t find it. I also did a search of this forum using the keyword “Landowner” and I couldn’t find anything either.

Normally I would suggest that you ask LSUFan since he has a large quantity of good educational benchmarking documents. I guess that won’t work this time. :D

Normally I would suggest that you ask LSUFan since he has a large quantity of good educational benchmarking documents. I guess that won’t work this time. :D

LOL, Once I get it again, it will be saved on our local geocaching forum for all to get.

Is that the one that says "What is a benchmark?" and "Why am I here?" If so, I have it and could send it to you, but I don't remember where it came from.

Patty

Patty, I think that is it, but am not certain till I see it. Could you email it to me at hktire@aol.com or wmtire@yahoo.com?

Thanks so much.

Edited by LSUFan

Is that the one that says "What is a benchmark?" and "Why am I here?" If so, I have it and could send it to you, but I don't remember where it came from.

Patty

Woo-hoo, Patty sent me the exact one I was looking for. If anyone knows the original author, I would like to credit them for it.

I placed a copy of it in our local geocaching forum, if anyone wants to download a copy.

http://www.nelageo.net/index.php/forum/13-benchmarking-and-related-topics/14047-benchmark-explanation-sheet#14047

Thanks Patty.

Tillamurphs informed me that the nelageo site where I parked a copy of this sheet, was requiring a registration to be able to download it. I placed a copy of it in the free google docs. It should show you the sheet as well as let everyone download, copy, or print it. Just click on the file tab at the top left of the screen and choose which option you want.

Here is the link to it

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5IX4cufAX-rNDRkNTEzNTktOTNlOC00NTUwLWE4ZWYtZGQwNGE0NWNlYzM5