Converting french listing to english before putting on GPSr?

hankpixie

Hello, tried searching in the forums but didn't come up with anything on this. Have a Garmin 450 and will be in Quebec in a few weeks. The GC's I want are all in French and I'm looking to convert them to english before I place them on the gpsr. Google chrome will convert the listing to english however the Garmin software will not work with chrome and I have to use Internet Explorer. Anyone have any tips or browsers that will convert this? Also, just because it's converted on the browser doesn't mean it will be converted to the gps?

Thank you,

Hank

I would convert it in the browser, then use GSAK and use edit to delete the french and paste the English.

I would also check the GSAK site to see if there is a macro that will convert language-if not I would suggest one on the forum.

Edited by myotis

I owuld try saving the cache as a gpx, then opening it with a text editor and try replacing the text and see if it loads. But I would load them all on a card, not the GPS in case it causes a problem. Or maby you could find a gpx editor for MAC-Or you could get a real computer :)

Hah, I sense that was a shot at the Mac....w/e I added the google translator to IE and it's able to translate the page...I'm probably just going to print out the sheets for each cache as I'm going to be in a pretty remote area of PQ. Not like I'm going to be loading tons of caches, but I still would want a solution as I do travel quite a bit.