Oregon 450 font size change

tibbermore

While following the "Aged Eyes" thread, I decided to try the macro described by Triple Crown as I too have difficulty reading displayed cache info without glasses. I downloaded, installed and ran the Garmin GPS Export macro in GSAK. I later downloaded PQs to GSAK and from there to the Oregon. There was no difference in the font size or other details. Being a complete novice in technical matters such as macros, I assumed I must have made a mistake with the installation therefore I uninstalled the macro via the Run Macro window in GSAK. A couple of days ago I updated the Oregon Software to version 5.1 and on restart found that the cache description page and logs were displayed in larger fonts than before (but not the hint page). Today I updated the Oregon software to version 5.2 and on restart found the same larger fonts as described.

Can anyone explain why this has happened? I assume the larger fonts are not part of the software update as I'm sure not everyone would welcome them. The Run Macro window in GSAK shows only 1 macro installed, viz. LogCache.gsk.

If I don't want to keep the larger fonts, can anyone advise how to revert to normal size and prevent the same thing happening again? If I do keep the larger fonts, any advice on how to extend them to the hint page?

Sorry to be so long-winded, but I'd like to know what has happened.

tibbermore

I am thinking that when you used the macro on those caches that it actually worked, but the font info just wasn't being used by the system software you had. Software update 5.1 included enhancements to the Geocaching system, and I'm thinking that part of it was improved XML/HTML parsing which included using font size info that it previously ignored. As far as applying the larger font to the hint as well, that would depend on the macro (which you'd have to reinstall) and might require editing the macro if it doesn't have an option to make the hint text larger.

I am thinking that when you used the macro on those caches that it actually worked, but the font info just wasn't being used by the system software you had. Software update 5.1 included enhancements to the Geocaching system, and I'm thinking that part of it was improved XML/HTML parsing which included using font size info that it previously ignored. As far as applying the larger font to the hint as well, that would depend on the macro (which you'd have to reinstall) and might require editing the macro if it doesn't have an option to make the hint text larger.

Thanks for that; it sounds a reasonable explanation. I might give editing the macro a go to increase the hint text size, however I'm not sure if my technical expertise (or lack of it) is up to the job! We'll see. Thanks again.

tibbermore