Pocket Query Sync to Cache Register

Yesterday I started getting an error with cache register not syncing to my Delorme PN-40SE. "the network or geocaching.com connection was interrupted. Check your connections and try syncing again." Thought it was somehow just me as I tried fixing the connections until today found out another Delorme user who uses a PN-60 also is getting the same error.

I know have heard that there are other Pocket Query errors occuring with others.

How do we correct this issue?

I know have heard that there are other Pocket Query errors occuring with others.

How do we correct this issue?

Well, if "we" is the operative word, I can't imagine what "we" would do.

I corroborated this anomaly twice (same diagnostic message as noted above):

1. With CacheRegister installed on my laptop running Windows 7 connected to my PN-40, and

2. With a 2nd installation on my desktop running Windows XPSP3 connected to my PN-60.

Forensics:

1. I can't imagine why the root cause could be a simultaneous change in several PN-60s and PN-40s,

2. Similarly, why would be Windows XP and Windows 7 operating systems develop similar faults independently,

3. Lastly, how could the CacheRegister applications of several users develop similar faults independently.

4. It seems most likely that one fault at geocaching.com is affecting multiple users similarly.

This week I had the same issue with 2 PQs using PN-40, CR2, Win vista and 7. The issue is with the GC website. From the "Pocket Queries Ready for Download" section I clicked on the PQ name to download the PQ manually. I received a message saying, "Sorry, the requested Pockey Query is no longer available" and the PQ is removed from the list of ready PQs. It appears the PQ was no longer available on the server. :-< One PQ was three days old and the other was two day old.

Edited by andy2049