Small / large (?) Bug collection for Montana with FW 3.60

Subraid

Hi,

after 3 days of Montana usage (hiked 2 times and 1 mountain bike tour) I'm so far very pleased with the device. Every time I look at the Oregon it's not clear to me how I could live with this small, dark display ...

Unfortunately, the Montana with FW 3.60 still has some bugs (I also reported them to Garmin (MontanaBeta@garmin.com):

1. Height differences are added up incorrectly. It will be shown twice as many meters in ascent and descent as it should be. It seems like the Montana adding the descent also to the ascent. (See picture)

2. The trip computer/odometer always displays a distance about 10-12% too long.

3. The Navi-mode "nüvi" view is very slow (takes a long time to start recalculation, turns are no longer updated) when the logging is set to "Automatic" -> "often" or "very often". If the logging is switched to "normal" nüvi works well again.

4. Now and then a complete system crash occures when e.g. scrolling in the altimeter screen.

5. The summary-view on top of the altimeter jumps back and forth (see picture).

6. If a waypoint is created in BaseCamp with an approximity-alarm and this point is then transferred to the Montana the approximity-alarm is lost.

7. Endless boot-crash loop when a routing is started and, by accident, two routable maps are active (e.g., "City Navigator Europe" and "Topo Germany 2010"). Only a hard reset brought my Montana back to life.

8. Nice to have: If you navigate with a track it's never clear in which direction the track points. Small arrows on the track would be very helpful!

I hope Garmin can fix this bug in an upcoming firmware update.

I have reported the following:

1. The longer distances reported on the trip odometer compared to basecamp/actual maps.

2. When I go to make a new shortcut or edit an old one, there is limited info on which options under setup have been chosen. Ie, if you look at the default shortcut provided by Garmin called "stop track log" it lists "1" under "setup" indicating that one option has been modified or chosen under setup, but if you go to into the submenu for "setup", there is no clear indicator showing which option has been chosen. This becomes even more confusing when you have changed multiple options under the "setup" section (ie for starting a new track where you clear current track, clear trip data, and start recording). It would make it more obvious if the boxes/buttons for the chosen options are coloured differently after being chosen (ie. for the starting new track shortcut, the clear current track button would be orange to separate it out from the normal blue colour - and this would also apply to the clear trip data and record on buttons).