U-boat travel bugs

glosjools

I've just come upon a U-boat trackable that seems to be linked to U-boat 69 (I now believe there are a series of coins/trackables linked to this particular boat) which sunk 16 (allied) ships before being sunk in 1943 by HMS Fame. Apparently the U-boat suffered no losses in it's career until losing all (46) hands in 1943. Am I alone (or just TOO sensitive) in wondering why a geo-coin/trackable has been developed for this?

I've just come upon a U-boat trackable that seems to be linked to U-boat 69 (I now believe there are a series of coins/trackables linked to this particular boat) which sunk 16 (allied) ships before being sunk in 1943 by HMS Fame. Apparently the U-boat suffered no losses in it's career until losing all (46) hands in 1943. Am I alone (or just TOO sensitive) in wondering why a geo-coin/trackable has been developed for this?

That would be a question you should ask the owner of the bug. Or are you suggesting that the trackable should not be allowed?

Perhaps I'm not fully understanding. Is this a travel bug, or a geocoin? Travel Bugs are developed by the people that own them and are not developed or reviewed by Groundspeak but by the person that buys the tag and attaches it to a hitchhiker. Now if a trael bug was in some way offensive or promotes an agenda then that could be a violation of the terms of use, in which case GS could then deactivate the bug if requested to do so.

Geocoin TB2KM8B seems to be an approved Groundspeak item.

Agenda? Maybe in the write-up, I didn't read it. U-boats and their activities are a part of history. Should we ignore history because somebody does not approve of it? I think not!

Perhaps somebody may be issue sensitive, but forget history and it is bound to be repeated.

Even if there is an agenda, that matter revolves around geocaches, not travelers. That kinda makes the "agenda" question moot.