Geocaching and Art

geoartcache

I am part of an arts project that involves commissioning series of arts and creative geocaches, the project is called Geo Art Cache.

It's quite a tough remit as we're trying to involve and engage people creatively but not compromise geocaching at the same time. Trying to bring something original and new to the site locations and offering cachers and an arts audience a new and creative experience is an aim.

Geocachers are responding really well to the different art caches and seem to love finding a new kind of caching experience. The toughest aspect for us is attracting the arts crowd to geocaching!

What do cachers think about this? Do we want to attract more new people to geocaching? What do you think about finding unusual and responsive caches?

A pondering France-Leigh

My immediate response is when the cache is found most of us will sign it and be off to the next one rather than reading the instructions and doing something. The cache will be found and signed, so your extra requirement will not be a requirement as per the rules of geocaching.

So, I think we need the art experience and then the cache... So a sort of puzzle cache.

Good luck with it.