as a newbie

RedIsleDuo

in reading some of the forums here i have come to realize that my husband and I may have inadvertently offended ppl by just putting TFTC on some of our finds. This was not our intent, we really did enjoy each and every find we discovered, some were on our confederation trails here on the island where there is basically a find every 250 meters, we are grateful to those who put the time and effort into putting them out and we very much enjoy the hunt, but to come up with a different thing to say on each is hard to do after a while. are we really being disrespectful by not leaving a longer log? :unsure:

if we are making a day of it we tend to copy paste for each one saying enjoyed the day etc. but again is this considered offensive to some? :unsure:

We are very much enjoying our new hobby and do not want to get off on the wrong foot. and we will try to put something in each log from now on :anicute:

To anyone we may have offended by not making a longer log entry our apologies :smile:

As a still relatively new cacher, and even newer cache owner, my favorite logs are the ones that say something about the cache, or the experience finding it. Like you, when I started, I saw lots of "TFTC" entries, so I started with that. Now I try to say something about the cache, the location, or the day. After all, the log is the only reward the cache owner gets, so I try to make it a good one.

I enjoy reading the logs of cachers who have visited the hide before us. We share our trials (the bear spray landing on the ground and venting from the bottom - cough, splutter, choke, wipe eyes and nose) and our triumph over adversity. Most of it will give the COs a laugh.

I don't think you've offended anyone, or been disrespectful. You can always revisit some of your logs and edit them, if you wanted!

Welcome aboard, and Happy Caching and Logging :D

Welcome to the forums :)

No, you haven't been disrespectful.

As the others have mentioned, most cache owners enjoy reading logs on their caches and if you can write a sentence... or two... that's great, but I agree that with some caches there's not a lot to say! If we're out for a day caching I will sometimes jot down odd words in my notebook e.g. View of church, yellow flowers etc just to remind myself of something to mention when I log.

If doing a series/circuit of caches all by the same owner very often cachers will put just 'TFTC' on each one but then write up a longer comment on the last cache of the group.

Write what you're comfortable with and enjoy your caching.

MrsB :)

P.S. If you can a (non-spoiler) photo to a log sometimes that's also appreciated.