Garmin Montana Screen Calibration Issue Serviced

I bought a new Montana 600 unit 3 or 4 weeks ago and it worked fine for a week or two and then the touch screen calibration went way out of wack. Evidently, Garmin couldn't devise a software update to correct this. Garmin told me to send the unit in for service. They just returned a "refurbished" unit to me, however, I believe it's a brand new unit. The serial number is much higher than my original unit. The new unit seems to work fine. I have read about this problem with Montana units on this forum and it appears to be a common problem. I spoke with a Garmin customer service rep today regarding a different issue and I asked him if they are getting a lot of units back because of this problem. He said he had not heard of this issue and thought it was very rare. Hardly, it's all over this forum. The two big questions now are...(1) have they fixed the problem with different hardware since the earlier units were assembled, and (2) will my new unit eventually act up again???