I GO HAS NEVER FIXED A LOCATION

KB7UZB

HELLO I BOUGHT AN I GO HANDHELD THE OLD YELLOW ONE NEW IN THE BOX FROM A SPORTING GOOD STORE AND HAVE NEVER HAD A LOCATION FIX . I HAVE BEEN ALL OVER THE US WITH IT AT CHANGED EVERY AVAILABLE NETWORK FOR IT TO USE IN N AMERICA EVEN CANADA ...

ITS A GREAT LITTLE GPS BUT STILL DOES NOT KNOW WHERE IT IS AT.. ANY IDEAS ?

First of all take off the cap locks. In internet terms all caps is equivalent to out right yelling at everyone and being pissed off.

After buying a new GPSr and turning it on for the first time and after traveling a long distance the unit needs a good 30 minutes or more with a clear view of the sky to get a good lock. After that it will have a database of available sats in the sky it can connect with. It should then be able to get a lock on the sats much faster after that unless you move it 50 miles or more away then it needs that tiem to figure out where it is again.

Ive tried to figure out which GPSr you have. I've never heard of an I Go hand held GPSr. What brand is it?

Appears to be iGO software based stuff... an app if you will, it is Googleable and some on Wikipedia.

Lots of variations, started out for PDAs according to the various offerings.

There is reference to software versions, and use in 3rd party devices, but they may have a unit of their own label as well. Not sure. He says it is yellow, so I don't have a clue beyond what I found so far.

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

The mpilchfamily reply is good information, but if you still are not able to acquire a satellite fix, please call Lowrance customer service to trouble shoot further. 1-800-324-1356.

HELLO I BOUGHT AN I GO HANDHELD THE OLD YELLOW ONE NEW IN THE BOX FROM A SPORTING GOOD STORE AND HAVE NEVER HAD A LOCATION FIX . I HAVE BEEN ALL OVER THE US WITH IT AT CHANGED EVERY AVAILABLE NETWORK FOR IT TO USE IN N AMERICA EVEN CANADA ...

ITS A GREAT LITTLE GPS BUT STILL DOES NOT KNOW WHERE IT IS AT.. ANY IDEAS ?