Personal geocoins and Handmade Signiture Items Mission

jpbarr

img143tu.jpg

Ok so I havent worked out all the details yet but thought to throw it open to the floor to see who might be interested in this mission and also get some ideas to make it better.

Following on from other missions where we have a list and I send to #1, they send to #2 and so on.

There are so many commercially made geocoins out there but they sometimes overshaddow the personal ones individual cachers have minted. I have also seen some great Signiture Items that are home made.

So what about a mission like this: I will take a trackable code and put it on my Signiture Item to be discovered along this mission as well as a couple or normal ones, a logbook, some unactivated coins and whatever else I have that I think people might like. Rules would be simple, when it comes to you, you must add a handmade Signiture item and an unactivated personal geocoin (preferably your own) but above all whatever you take from the pot must be traded up or even :)For the next person on the list. Of course you add whatever extra you like too. As long as dont make this too heavy to post :P

Comments and interesed parties welcome :)

Edited by jpbarr

Ok so a little revision, its probably better if I attach the cachekinz to my sig item rather than just the code :) Also most of the missions I have seen are started in the USA. So as I am in Estonia I thought it was time we had one starting in Europe.

Please bear with me as I am adding things as I think of them.

I will include in the initial package one of my Signiture keyrings for each player listed so for this first mission I am limiting the list to 10 places.

Edited by jpbarr

Ok so I havent worked out all the details yet but thought to throw it open to the floor to see who might be interested in this mission and also get some ideas to make it better.

Following on from other missions where we have a list and I send to #1, they send to #2 and so on.

There are so many commercially made geocoins out there but they sometimes overshaddow the personal ones individual cachers have minted. I have also seen some great Signiture Items that are home made.

So what about a mission like this: I will take a trackable code and put it on my Signiture Item to be discovered along this mission as well as a couple or normal ones, a logbook, some unactivated coins and whatever else I have that I think people might like. Rules would be simple, when it comes to you, you must add a handmade Signiture item and an unactivated personal geocoin (preferably your own) but above all whatever you take from the pot must be traded up or even :)For the next person on the list. Of course you add whatever extra you like too. As long as dont make this too heavy to post :P

Comments and interesed parties welcome :)

I'm going to reply honestly, and apologise in advance if there is a little too much personal information, or it comes across as rude (it is not meant to be rude). I also say this from personal experience of setting a cointest (on another forum) which had everything wrong about it and nobody entered! You live and learn. :)

Well, I can't join in because a) I don't have a personal coin made of my own, or another to put into this mission. B) I don't have any other spare coins to put into the mission. c) Not knowing what coins will get sent out, I don't know if I will want the ones that get sent to me, and for the present time, that matters to me, as I don't know if I can trade up on what I'm sent. :unsure: d) I don't enter a cointest unless it doesn't matter to me if I don't receive something of equal or better value that I send, but right now money is a pretty big issue for us, so I have to watch the pennies. :( e) International postage has gone up. :huh: f) I find it hard to limit what I spend when I send out missions. The last 3 missions I have sent out (with international postage) cost me more than I can afford to spend on my daughter for her birthday. That was a wake up call for me! :blink: g) I am already in a pass mission and awaiting it, so I don't want to complicate things by being in 2 at once - knowing me, I would mix them up and send one of them off to the recipient in the other mission! How annoying for everyone! :anibad: h) WSR has said he's going to be setting 2 more 'pass' missions, so it might be better to wait for the current pass mission(s) to end. :anitongue:

What you have put into this (which I did not when I tried, my main mistake) was something personal to you (the trackable sig items, and the homemade sig item pass) I like to see everyone's creativity very much. (But some people who join in with missions might not make their own sig item, and that might be why some other people have not joined.)

Firstly - this does not seem so much of a trading mission, but rather a travelling cache - it's even got a logbook. Such caches were discouraged five or more years ago.

Secondly - you are limiting this ?mission to those who have personal geocoins. That really narrows down the field of participants.

I like the idea that you are attempting to make trackables travelling, but honestly, this one just does not grab me, and it appears others are not attracted, given it's been several days without replies.

Missions tend to be a group of people, co-ordinated by one person, with a form of mysterious trading going on.

Everyone gives, everyone receives if all play equally.

I hope you can refine this mission so it becomes more attractive.

Good luck!

Firstly - this does not seem so much of a trading mission, but rather a travelling cache - it's even got a logbook. Such caches were discouraged five or more years ago.

Secondly - you are limiting this ?mission to those who have personal geocoins. That really narrows down the field of participants.

I like the idea that you are attempting to make trackables travelling, but honestly, this one just does not grab me, and it appears others are not attracted, given it's been several days without replies.

Missions tend to be a group of people, co-ordinated by one person, with a form of mysterious trading going on.

Everyone gives, everyone receives if all play equally.

I hope you can refine this mission so it becomes more attractive.

Good luck!

Sorry been away from the computer for couple of days. I agree with the comments. As I wrote in the initial post, I have not worked out all the details and as I have never done this before comments are welcome to make it better.

So it is already back on the drawing board and I think the only thing I have kept from the original is my handmade signiture items will be equal to the people taking part. And so far I got a bit lost with the rest of the details. So please let me know what you would like to include in a mission and will see what I can do. :)

I checked your profile and see you have been caching only a few months, which really does not give you much time for mission experience either.

Recommendation from myself, and possibly others is to participate in a few missions before co-ordinating one.

Running a mission is a huge task, from taking sign ups, assigning mission dispatches, following up on any truancies, ensuring all receive a mission, including being prepared to send extras out yourself when someone misses out.

Missions are fun - it brings a wealth of international people together in a common arena.

everyone anticipates preparing a fun mission and receiving one.

I wonder if you maybe have mixed up geocoin forum missions for your out there caching experience.

Do participate in some missions ! Enjoy the community and generally have FUN!

I checked your profile and see you have been caching only a few months, which really does not give you much time for mission experience either.

Recommendation from myself, and possibly others is to participate in a few missions before co-ordinating one.

Running a mission is a huge task, from taking sign ups, assigning mission dispatches, following up on any truancies, ensuring all receive a mission, including being prepared to send extras out yourself when someone misses out.

Missions are fun - it brings a wealth of international people together in a common arena.

everyone anticipates preparing a fun mission and receiving one.

I wonder if you maybe have mixed up geocoin forum missions for your out there caching experience.

Do participate in some missions ! Enjoy the community and generally have FUN!

It sounds like he's trying to put on a mission similar to the tiki treasure traveling mission, but with signature items and coins.

I personally don't have a personal coin so couldn't participate.