Bug report Wherigo app on ipad2

PA1FOX

Hi there,

Since a few months I have been using Pigo and now Wherigo as app on my Ipad 2.

It works fine, but there is an issue I would like to address. When navigating to a location, you have the blue circle with red arrow in the middle on the bottom of your screen. The actual meaning of both the bue circle and the red arrow are not really clear to me. But as an Ipad 2 has the possibility to change from landscape to portrait mode by rotating the device itself the red arrow gets confused.

If you keep rotating the Ipad so the screen switches from landscape to portrait back and forth very often, the red arrow will keep growing and growing until it covers up the compleet screen of the Ipad. Switching to an other application and then back to the player restores the normal size again. This behaviour can be prevented by locking the rotation mode of the Ipad so it sticks to landscape or portrait. However it should not happen.

And while you're at it... What do the blue circle (with small opening) and red arrow mean?

Further details:

Apple Ipad 2 with IOS 4.3.2

Wherigo app as downloaded today july 28, 2011

Good luck, keep up the good work!

Edited by PA1FOX

The opening on the blue circle points north. The red arrow points to the current zone relative to north. If you have an iPhone 4G with built in electronic compass, the notch on the blue ring will turn as you turn so it always points north. Then the red arrow will always point to the next zone. On the iPad and on iPod Touch with a GPSr attachment, but no electronic compass, you must turn the device so the notch points north, then the arrow will be pointing to the next zone.

The opening on the blue circle points north. The red arrow points to the current zone relative to north. If you have an iPhone 4G with built in electronic compass, the notch on the blue ring will turn as you turn so it always points north. Then the red arrow will always point to the next zone. On the iPad and on iPod Touch with a GPSr attachment, but no electronic compass, you must turn the device so the notch points north, then the arrow will be pointing to the next zone.

Thank you,

The Ipad has an electronic compass. The blue circle however gets mixed up when holding the ipad in landscape or portrait mode. The compass does not seem to correct it. At least I know now what it was supposed to be doing.

Alex