What to do when you find a bug not logged into a cache?

TeamWinWar

Hey all,

Just wondering what to do in this case. A cacher logged into a cache that he dropped a couple of TB's but he did not log the bugs into the cache. After work today I stopped by the cache and discovered the two bugs in it.

Here is my question. This cacher has been very good about logging finds and TB drops, he hosts events and is a very active cacher in the middle of the state. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt that he has overlooked logging in the TB's but as a bug owner I have had several just go missing, perhaps because of something like this. Should I Grab the bugs and log them into the cache, or give it a few days and let the previous holder do it? What would you do?

we would give it a few days, then contact the cacher and ask what he wants you to do. he may have forgotten to record the tracking number before moving them along (which we have been guilty of on one occasion!) or not have access to a proper PC to log correctly at the time.

Hey all,

Just wondering what to do in this case. A cacher logged into a cache that he dropped a couple of TB's but he did not log the bugs into the cache. After work today I stopped by the cache and discovered the two bugs in it.

Here is my question. This cacher has been very good about logging finds and TB drops, he hosts events and is a very active cacher in the middle of the state. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt that he has overlooked logging in the TB's but as a bug owner I have had several just go missing, perhaps because of something like this. Should I Grab the bugs and log them into the cache, or give it a few days and let the previous holder do it? What would you do?

You've asked an honest and polite question. Shoot'em an email and ask the same thing.