Auto login & Multiple e-mail notifications.

MajBach

Concerning my login on Geocaching. Seems like everytime I go to the home page, it asks if it wants to 'remember me' (which requires cookies), I suppose for an auto login. I always check this box 'on' but I keep having to login with each vist. I have my cookies turned on in the Explorer security settings. How do I fix this?

I have also noticed that caches that are on my watch list for automatic e-mail notification are often sent two or three times, one right after another. Is there a solution?

MajBach

You can't have everything.

where would you put it?

1compass.gif

quote:
Originally posted by MajBach:

Concerning my login on Geocaching. Seems like everytime I go to the home page, it asks if it wants to 'remember me' (which requires cookies), I suppose for an auto login. I always check this box 'on' but I keep having to login with each vist. I have my cookies turned on in the Explorer security settings. How do I fix this?

I'm not sure what is causing this to happen. Here are a couple of things to try:

1. Try changing IE's cache setting from Automatic to "Every visit to the page".

2. Make sure that under IE's security settings that the Internet zone is set to Medium. If its set to custom, just hit the default button.

3. If using IE 6, change the setting under the privacy tab to Medium as well. If its set to custom, you can click the default button to reset it.

quote:
I have also noticed that caches that are on my watch list for automatic e-mail notification are often sent two or three times, one right after another. Is there a solution?

I believe this usually happens when someone posts a log to a cache, then edits it several times to correct formatting, type-os, etc... Each time a cache log is edited, it fires out an e-mail.

-Elias