Delorme PN 40 Problem

I have spent hours searching for help on this subject and cannot find a solution or reason for it happening, I hope I can explain the problem that I am having clearly.

The last entry (alphabetically) is listed about 10 times, however when I try to delete them I cannot. When I get details for this cache it lists it in details with the waypoints for the cache listed above it. The one listed starts with a Z and the one above it is a Y name. I can delete the Y cache but the Z cache still remains in the gps several times and still has the coords for the Y cache. I tried to load the Z cache again and it will not load. Actually is causes the explorer to shut down and closes the geocaching web page. These caches were not loaded as a PQ they were loaded individually. I can load other caches with no problem. It is just this Z cache that I am having problems with.

Hope this is not too confusing and I have explained it clearly.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

It sounds as if the cache file has become corrupted. You've attempted the first approach--trying to clean up the file; the next thing I'd try is deleting the file and loading a new one. (That's a PITA if you're loading caches one-by-one, but not too onerous if you are using pocket queries.)

Edit: after I posted, I re-read your post and saw you did specify you loaded one-by-one. If you are intent on trying to save the file, I'm not sure of what would work best. I'd be inclined to run the file through the Topo8 or Topo9 (whatever you're using) to see if you can clean up the file on the desktop, and then re-load it to the GPS.

Edited by embra

I finally got the problem solved. I logged both the Y and Z caches as did not find and then was able to delete them. Reloaded both caches and woohoo they came up correctly this time. I have no idea what the problem was but finally got them off the gps and reloaded correctly.

I appreciate the suggestion to this problem. I guess sometimes you just have to try, try, try again to get the problem solved.

Thanks.