Benchmarks in Roatan?

jbuffethed

I am currently deployed to Honduras, but am going to Roatan soon. Was wondering if anyone knew of any benchmarks in Roatan or maybe found one and had it marked and cared to share coords? I have searched Waymarking.com as well and did not see any. I do have all the caches loaded and hope to hit at least one.

I did find 2 marks on base here, but there is no ID and Im pretty sure they arent in any database.

th_SAM_0067Large.jpgth_SAM_0066Large.jpg

On the NGS site you can do a search of an area given a lat/long and radius (or alternatively a rectangular area). Without knowing where the base is, I searched on a point in the center of the island with a radius of 20 miles and came up with BF4530 and two others which have no descriptive data in the database other than their locations. They are:

Pid Name Lat Lon Elev O o Hv

------ ----------------------------- ---------- ----------- --------- - - -->

> TZ1281 1773 DIXON 16 20 08.1/086 31 20.5 236. 1 3 DD

> TZ1280 1775 COOPER 16 23 45.9/086 19 41.2 139. 1 3 DD

Happy hunting and thank you for your service!

Edited by southpawaz

southpawaz provided some benchmark info.

I will add one more piece of advice. Watch out for the sand fleas on the beaches there. (Or else bring a felt pen so you can make dot-to-dot drawings from the red welts on your arms and legs).

And, as southpawaz said, Thanks for your service!