Colorado 400t, caching with SD card?

The USB plug on the top of my 400t has broken, and it makes it a PITA to transfer data to/from the computer. I know I can still use it the "old-fashioned" way by just plugging the cache coordinates into the unit, but is the unit capable of reading caches from an SD card?

I've got a few TBs I'd like to unload before I send it into Garmin for repairs.

Edited by Mitragorz

The finds are located in the geocache_visits.txt in the \garmin folder on the device.

I know exactly where the finds are located, I don't think you read my post correctly. Again, I CANNOT connect the device to the computer in order to get to that file... As I said, the USB plug on top of the unit is broken, so unless there's some way to explore the device's files from the device itself and copy them to the SD card I assumed that wasn't possible), there's no way I can get to the "visits" file. I was hoping that the device would create a new file on the SD card for the specific caches that it pulled from said card.

The finds are located in the geocache_visits.txt in the \garmin folder on the device.

I know exactly where the finds are located, I don't think you read my post correctly. Again, I CANNOT connect the device to the computer in order to get to that file... As I said, the USB plug on top of the unit is broken, so unless there's some way to explore the device's files from the device itself and copy them to the SD card I assumed that wasn't possible), there's no way I can get to the "visits" file. I was hoping that the device would create a new file on the SD card for the specific caches that it pulled from said card.

I think he did read your post. You said it wasn't logging the finds on the SD card and they told you they're on the device (rather than the SD card).

No, it won't create a geocache_visits.txt file on the SD card...the GPS won't create ANY file on the SD card...all the files the GPS creates will be on the internal memory as not everyone has an SD card installed and some SD cards (like the preloaded map SD cards) are ReadOnly and can't be written to. As you have discovered, you can put geocache GPX files on the SD card and the unit will read them. You can also put maps and POIs on the SD. But all the files the GPS creates (current.gpx, geocache_visits.txt, etc) will be created on it's internal memory.

So, you have a temporary solution to using the GPS without manually entering coordinates, until such time you decide to get it fixed. But that won't help with retrieving the geocache_visits.txt file for logging your finds...you'll have to do that manually until you get the GPS fixed.