Sorting option on cache lists

SkyTrek

Whenever I decide to go caching with a friend it takes a lot of effort to sort out our individual finds so we can choose a list to go after together. Would you consider providing a sort option of "Alpha" or "Chronological" to the listing of caches on "My Page" and the "Caches found by page". This would make comparing lists much easier. Thank you

quote:
Originally posted by SkyTrek:

Whenever I decide to go caching with a friend it takes a lot of effort to sort out our individual finds so we can choose a list to go after together. Would you consider providing a sort option of "Alpha" or "Chronological" to the listing of caches on "My Page" and the "Caches found by page". This would make comparing lists much easier. Thank you

Sounds like a good job for a computer...

Get a pocket query for each of you for the area you wish to cover. Select only "caches you haven't found". Use a tool like GPSBabel to spin the .loc files into something you can easily manipulate such as a CSV file. Now sort his list and your list and compare them. Most people would choose to do this in something like a spreadsheet, but it'd be pretty easy to do in a variety of tools.

Being a UNIX geek, I'd just run them both through sort and then diff the files.