Garmin 60CSx for Mac

Hi. I have a Garmin GPSmap 60CSx. When I plug it into the computer (Macbook Pro) the Garmin shows a symbol that means it recognizes that it's plugged in. My mac however does not show this. It's nowhere to be found on any drive.

It's plugged into a USB port. I've been to the Garmin webpages where they list out all their apps/plug ins for Macs and I've downloaded everything pretty much but no success. The communicator plug in doesn't work for me, it still says no GPS device is detected. I have BaseCamp loaded and it seems to be working but the "send to gps" links are faded out (unclickable) because there is seemingly "no device connected".

The cable I'm using did not come with the GPS, but I'm hoping that since the GPS recognizes the plug that it will still work. Any suggestions?

(if nothing else, are there any GPS units out there that are seamlessly compatible with Macs?)

60CSx works fine on Mac. I used that combination for a long time - way before Garmin provided their Communicator Plugin. GPSBabel supported waypoint/track/route transfer to that device long before Garmin had any USB support at all.

It doesn't show up as a removable volume unless you go into mass storage mode on the device. Then it shows up in finder as a mounted Volume.

If you're having problems with Garmin's own software like BaseCamp, call or mail them.

Hi. I have a Garmin GPSmap 60CSx. When I plug it into the computer (Macbook Pro) the Garmin shows a symbol that means it recognizes that it's plugged in. My mac however does not show this. It's nowhere to be found on any drive.

These work fine with Macs, it won't show as a drive unless you have a datacard in it and set the unit to USB transfer mode.

What Mac/OS are you running?