Customizing gc.com for benchmarking

LSUFan

I remember how we were unsuccessful in getting gc.com to move the benchmark links back to the left-hand column of their main page (which is a mute point anyway, since they have changed the main page entirely now).

Since they have a new look, some things take a few more clicks to get too. Well, if you are a firefox browser user, and utilize monkey scripts.....you can change how gc.com displays in your browser, by making user definable tabs at the top. You can add more drop down items in each category and change the names of the categories/drop down links.

Delta68 (thanks Mark for providing this) over in the U.K. has made this monkeyscript, and included directions in the script itself, on how/what to change....so everyone can do their own to their preferences. It's not hard, but does take a little knowledge of the greasemonkey scripting stuff. I figured with all the computer gurus we have here, they may like this and can write all kind of good stuff.

Here is the link to Delta68's topic:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=274005&pid=4711358&st=0entry4711358

I included a screenshot below of how gc.com displays in my firefox browser, after I modified Delta68's script to change the "resources" tab to "benchmarking" and added the three main benchmarking things I use on gc.com to this dropdown list. I plan to add even more later. You can also see how 'videos' has been changed to lists, and 'shop' to log finds.

f06a8cc7-3674-4525-8c5f-5a4f0c2ff4a2.jpg

Edited by LSUFan

I gave up on GC.com the last time my membership came due. There have been no changes in years and no offers for any upgrades or changes in the past 5 years or so. I still visit to view and post in the forums, and look at the benchmark recoveries for my area, but since Jeremy has lost interest in us, so have I lost interest in supporting or caring about this site.