Mobile Access Page

Prime Suspect

I created a quick access page that allows me to call up cache pages from my wireless PDA, by just knowing the cache ID. This lets me avoid having to set bookmarks for every cache, or doing the hex-to-dec calculation in the field and manually entering the URL. It also gives me varous options as to the amount of logging to be displayed, and decryption. Depending on the selection, it launches either the cache info page, or the page to enter a log for the cache (log-on required, of course).

Fine for me, but I figured there were others that might find this useful. So here's the URL for the page:

http://gdbclub.org/cgi-bin/gc/mobile.cgi

However, this type of page really belongs on geocaching.com. I'll continue to host this for now, but I hope that Jeremy will create a similar mobile-access page, and mine is no longer needed.

PS_sig.gif

Works pretty well on my Smartphone using Vagabond. It is a lot simpler and faster than going through the whole process to get to a page.

I certainly agree that it should be included on Geocaching.com. From the other posts I have been reading Jeremy is working on some mobile solutions.

Right now though, we are the exception, not the rule. I fully expect a useable solution but know that mobile access is not number 1 on the priority list.

Thanks for the great app! I hope it is incorporated into the site, and that it becomes a standard tool in geocaching.coms mobile tool box.

Ranz

geosign.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Ranz:

Works pretty well on my Smartphone using Vagabond. It is a lot simpler and faster than going through the whole process to get to a page.

I used Vagabond on my Palm VII for testing, and it seems to do the job. Vagabond still has a few glitches, but OpenMobility seems to be on the right track. I was able to log several finds from the cache sites a few weeks ago, just using my Palm and Vagabond.

PS_sig.gif