geocache function

Northern_cruiser

Hi all, I'm having a bit of trouble in regards to seeing my geocaches. I loaded them into my gps and on my main maps (Ibycus,and Streets,)

I SEE THE CLOSED CHESTS ICONS, I can find the geocache no problem this way. My question is on my 60cx when I select "FIND" and select the geocache icon I get NONE FOUND would you like to set up the geocache option, I select yes and all I get is the icon page. If I select no as the option the screen shows "geocache near current location NONE FOUND. I selected the reference point, If i select find by name same thing none found. I go back to maps and I can see all my geocahes on the map as closed chest icons so I know there there... Any help on this would be appreciated thank you...

Hiya,

I am pretty new to this and will try to help. I have just been bought a 60cx for my birthday. I know there are a couple of ways of loading waypoints. One via the removable storage, or straight into on board memory. I use gsak, I turn on the gps connect to pc and from the menu when it is on satellite page I click turn off gps. I go to the file within gsak and if uploading one file, I right click that and just click send to gps, or if multiple files, I check which ones then send to gps via a tag at top of gsak. I then disconnect usb, push find button, then geocaches, and they are all there. I select which one and away I go. ,

Now if you go to settings and put gps into removable storage and do the above you will find them in custom poi instead and these will be on maps as waypoints also. Not in the geocache tab. So is it possible you are loading onto sd card ? I dont know if this has helped at all, but the above definiatly works for me. B)

Your welcome,

I think basically dont put your gps into removable storage and just upload, this will give you the geocaches. This will only allow 30 characters for notes. If you put it onto storage it allows 80 characters for notes but only shows as custom pois. good luck. :-)