Loading finds onto new explorist gc HELP!

RAYD.D.

1st are your a Premium Member?

If not the only way to put them in is by hand unless you use GSAK.

If you are a Premium Member you can run pocket Querrys on your find as well as anything else you wish. Then you go to Vantage Point program that came with the Unit and you can tell it to go to your pocket querrys. The program will take care of the rest.

Hope this helps :grin:

1st are your a Premium Member?

If not the only way to put them in is by hand unless you use GSAK.

If you are a Premium Member you can run pocket Querrys on your find as well as anything else you wish. Then you go to Vantage Point program that came with the Unit and you can tell it to go to your pocket querrys. The program will take care of the rest.

Hope this helps :grin:

Not entirely..... You can still cross-convert via EasyGPS, from .LOC to .GPX, (resaving the data as .GPX, Granted it won't have all the bells & whistles of a premium membership, but it does work.) (or, worse case, simply rename the .loc file to .gpx, it'll still accept it.)

I believe they mean putting the records of their previous finds onto the GC's database. (what are on GC.COM already, as finds.) that's where you learn the hard way of forcing finds, and deleting them.. Unfortunately, it doesn't keep a permanent record of the finds, by the GCxxxx number of the caches.. Yet another 'OOPS! Didn't think of that' from the designers. (which means I could force it to say on the GC, that I've found 10,000 caches, while I've only found (at the time of writing this,) 626..)

The Magellan Vantage Point software is a bit kluged, but will run as a premium member whether a person is or not, but, again, it still will work, just limited to what's available. Even a premium semi-pro like me has a hard time learning the ins & outs..

Edited by gelfling6