What would you rate this cache ?

Maybe it's time to do something constructive, like hide your own 4 and 5 star terrain caches and set the bar for the local hiders.

Currently, there are 6 unfound caches ( 2+ years old I think ), in the state of Illinois, we own 5 of them.

The terrain isn't 4/5 but the difficulty is.

As for setting the bar ? It's already been set and it isn't moving anytime soon.

If special tools are required it's a Difficulty 5. Based on what I can see in the photo it should be Handicap accessible so the Terrain is a 1. I am making the assumption that a handicap person would be using the same special tools as everyone else.

Here's a photo of the latest 4/5 cache in my area. The red mark is where the cache is. It's one of those containers that some cachers refer to as a Bison but it's not actually a Bison, it's more of a pill FOB. It's burgundy in color, shiny, hanging/swinging from a silver-tone keyring.

This VERY YOUNG pine tree sits approximately 20' off a paved parking lot behind a church.

What do you think ? Would you rate this cache a 4/5 ?

35ca588c-d6bc-4851-a0b6-9849db88e140.jpg

I speak out A LOT about overrated caches and my intent is not to be mean or disrespectful to those cache owners but to understand where they're coming from. Caches like this are rampant where I live and I often wonder what other cachers from other states would think if they came upon this EXTREME RATED cache 8' up in a pine tree ? I've seen what other cachers in other states consider EXTREME...rock climbing, mountain climbing, scuba diving shipwrecks, trekking trails with Black Bears etc...and frankly, I'm embarrassed because I don't want cachers like that to think all cachers from NE IL are lame !!!

I'd say its more of a 1.5/3.5

I have found 1 tree climbing cache rated 1.5/4.5, and boy it was fun. However judging by the pic of this cache it doesn't look TOO hard to climb.