Oregon 400t Problem?

I used to plug my 400t into the computer and be able to load geocaches almost imeadeatly. Anymore when I plug it in the screen says, " saving routes trip logs and waypoints 1% -100%", this takes between 7 and 10 minutes.(Before I can Add any info) I called Garmin and the tech informed me that this is normal? It's never been normal before? I have deleted all but about 10 geocaches from the unit thinking the 200 caches on it may have been slowing it down. still 7-10 minutes? IS THIS NORMAL? Is garmin just not wanting to replace the unit?

Thanks

AK Archer5560

That's not normal. I'm ready to go with my 400T in about a minute.

Do you have another computer to try the GPS with to isolate the problem to the GPS or the computer?

Tryed it on a buddies computer and It took just as long. :( I've talked to a couple other geocachers locally and they don't have any issues with there Oregons Like this. Thanks for the info.

Ak Archer5560

Maybe something on the GPS has become corrupted. Try a master reset to put the GPS back to factory specs. (Back up whatever you need from the GPS first.)

From the Oregon Wiki:

M1.) How do I master reset my Garmin Oregon?

Turn off the Oregon, press and hold the upper left corner of the screen and power the unit on. You will eventually be asked if you want to reset user data. If you answer "Yes" the unit will be master reset.

Edited by New Jersey TJ