ZIP-code in Sweden

hedberg

I think that it should be good if you could have the option to search for caches in Sweden with Zip code. The zip codes in Sweden are always in a serie of 5 digits. Zipcodes starting with 1 (1xxxx) is in Stockholmarea. (2xxxx=south Sweden) 4xxxx in Göteborg & Western Sweden..

The numbers are public and is possible to download on the internet. I can help you with that, and I think that we sweds can help you get coordinates for the zip codes.

Why zipcode search in Sweden? Sweden are a very popular geocachingcountry. Everyday are there a couple of new caches. There are over 1800 caches in Sweden. And Sweden has less than 9 million people!

The price of a GPSr are being lower and lower. More and more people are bying a GPSr, and every week we can see here in Sweden that new cachers are popping up. The problem is that for a newbie it is not easy to search for caches. If you don't own a GPSr and/or don't know the coordinates where you live, it's very difficult to search for caches nearby.

But if they could search for caches within a certain range of zip codes, it would be great.

For example might a zipcode like 12345 and 12346 be in the same area in Stockholm, just different streets. So in that case could you instead show a range of zipcodes. If the zipcodes are between 12300-12399, here is a list of all the caches in that area: ....

I think that this would make the life easier for new cachers, and also get noncachers more interested about geocaching if they can find out if there are any caches nearby their home.

www.hedbergx3.tk