Garmin 62s - Trip Computer Page Pause

I have read recent threads, but my issue is slightly different.....

Over the last few weeks ( both caching and non-caching walks ) I have a problem with recording the correct data on the Trip Computer Page...... Here is the situation....

Stop car. Get out. Reset Trip Computer. Go for a walk. Get back to Car and note the trip computer screen info.

Now I want to use the 62s to navigate on roads to another location, where I want to record another walking route's data ( I dont want to use and prog the in-car sat nav - I just want to use the 62s to 'GOTO' the selected waypoint ). The prob I have is that the trip computer will now record road speeds/distance and distort the walking data held on the trip computer page.

I appreciate that I could screen capture the trip computer and even manipulate & analyse the data on a PC back home ( time consuming ), but I need to see 'real life' data while I am out ( maybe from 3 or 4 different site visits per day ).

Would other users benefit from a 'pause' facility on the trip computer page, where you can record the info from walk1, get in the car, nav to next location, get out and un-pause the trip page and carry on walking route2 and have the data 'added' to the previous walk?

Anyone have any ideas or think this would be a good addition to future software releases?

Thanks

Steve

My 62s is still in the mail, but what about saving each leg as a different file? As in park car> reset trip> take walk and return to car. Save trip. Go to location #2 and repeat?

Hi CAT9

Thanks for your reply.

The 62s does all this automatically with the saving of tracks recorded. You can even use the stopwatch feature to record a track only while the stopwatch is running, but it won't keep the rest of the trip computer data.

I can also do limited track analysis when back home on the PC.

The prob I have is when I am out and not been able to 'freeze' the trip computer data screen, drive to the next location, and then unfreeze the screen and allow it to continue to record only the walking data.

I have notified the beta team and they replied saying '.....Potentially, we might be able to add something like that.....'

Cheers

Steve