FTP site for benchmark files

LSUFan

A good buddy of mine is setting us up a ftp site on his servers. I thought it would be good place for us to be able to store (and download)files for benchmarking. The main thing that came to my mind was, it could be used to store things like AZcachemeister's converted datasheets into gpx files...converted datasheets into nuvi poi files........Rogers benchmark reader file......or any files period. We could use it as central file depository for the stuff we use, or our fellow benchmarkers design that don't have a server to place it on.

Is this anything that others may find useful? It would be free.

A ftp site is one like the NGS has, that we download the archived state datasheets from.

Heck.. I didn't know there was a need for this. I have plenty of room and could have set something up. :D

BasicPoke's referring more to a web presence, unless we have PDFs or other non-web based documents that would walk someone through that.

Foxtrot, I don't mind at all if you want to do it. I was just volunteering, trying to give back some to this great community we have here.

I had already planned on naming you, AZ, and a few others as administrators of the ftp site...so ya could upload anything you wanted, when you wanted. I can easily do that if ya want.

I just thought it might be easy for everyone, if we had at least a copy of the files that we use, at one location. That way, we could go to one site and download most of the stuff (with the file owners permissions of course).

It's just a thought, and that's why I asked if there would be interest in it.

It could also be used to store pdf or text tutorial files, as BasicPoke suggested. We could gather info from our forum posts here and turn them into a tutorial file and place it on the ftp site.

Edited by LSUFan

Foxtrot, I don't mind at all if you want to do it. I was just volunteering, trying to give back some to this great community we have here.

I had already planned on naming you, AZ, and a few others as administrators of the ftp site...so ya could upload anything you wanted, when you wanted. I can easily do that if ya want.

I just thought it might be easy for everyone, if we had at least a copy of the files that we use, at one location. That way, we could go to one site and download most of the stuff (with the file owners permissions of course).

It's just a thought, and that's why I asked if there would be interest in it.

It could also be used to store pdf or text tutorial files, as BasicPoke suggested. We could gather info from our forum posts here and turn them into a tutorial file and place it on the ftp site.

Oh nono, I wasn't complaining! Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound that way. I do like the idea. :)