Suspicious Activity

zeadhead

LPCs (the stereotype) require zero thought. Someone else years ago did the thinking for them.
Sort of like an ammo box hidden under a pile of sticks next to a tree?

Your strawman will be ignored. You really need to get out and cache some more, Steve.

Not a strawman, at all. Your position was that LPCs are bad because they don't require any thought as the concept was perfected years ago. I frankly don't see how the same about ammo cans under a pile of sticks. After all, nothing has been improved on that hide style since the very first one that I found a decade ago.

That is exactly why it is a strawman. I never said, or even remotely implied that there was inately more thought put into an ammo can under sticks.

So are you arguing that both of these hide styles are equally lame? Otherwise, I don't see how your argument that LPCs are bad simply because the hide style is frequently copied is a very compelling argument.

I'm not arguing. You are. I'm stating an opinion.
LPCs (the stereotype) require zero thought. Someone else years ago did the thinking for them.

Your strawman will be ignored. You really need to get out and cache some more, Steve.

Not a strawman, at all. Your position was that LPCs are bad because they don't require any thought as the concept was perfected years ago. I frankly don't see how the same about ammo cans under a pile of sticks. After all, nothing has been improved on that hide style since the very first one that I found a decade ago.

That is exactly why it is a strawman. I never said, or even remotely implied that there was inately more thought put into an ammo can under sticks.

So are you arguing that both of these hide styles are equally lame? Otherwise, I don't see how your argument that LPCs are bad simply because the hide style is frequently copied is a very compelling argument.

Y'all are starting to sound like a Monty Python sketch.

Y'all are starting to sound like a Monty Python sketch.

My favorite caches are smalls hidden in a shrubbery.

The big difference between an ammo can in a pile of sticks and an LPC is the trees that the sticks came from. I'd rather walk through a cool woods to find a lame cache than across a sea of blacktop.

But these are generalities. I know of an LPC that is in a cool location and I know of a cache in a pile of sticks in a crappy location.