Gas Prices and Geocaching

knowschad

The rising gas prices are planned to peak in 2012, slowing the economy and triggering a second financial collapse. :ph34r:

But it's all gonna be over after 2012 anyway, so what's the point? :rolleyes:

My calculations show that the Mayans were a year off. :huh:

The Central American Pyramid of the Sun has the same base size as the Great Pyramid, as it was a direct influence. The height of the Great Pyramid was 5772 inches (481 feet) The inch was not only used as a measuring standard in the pyramid, but also used by the Jews who built it. The entrance is on the north side, indicating the winter solstice. Compare that to the Jewish year of 5772, and the date is actually Dec 21, 2011.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

My advice... start caching as far from home as you can afford. Looks as though your affordable radius will be quickly decreasing soon.

Meh, I have about 100 caches in about a 5 mile radius, that'll keep me busy for a while.

Exactly my point. Once you have those caches found, you will have to widen your radius/drive further. Do you think that gas will be cheaper by then? Get those now, and when gas is up to $5 / gal, then you can get those within 5 miles.

$4.19 at a Chevron on Sunset Blvd, Pacific Palisasdes, CA. It's a rich neighborhood, so their prices are always inflated. The lost price I can find in the burbs is $3.82. It was $2.90 a month ago. I would have likely drove to Vegas for tomorrows NASCAR race, if not for the gas prices. As far as caching, my weekend is usually an hour drive to a trail head, then an hour back. It will cost two or three dollars more than a month ago. That's probably not going to keep me parked at home.

My advice... start caching as far from home as you can afford. Looks as though your affordable radius will be quickly decreasing soon.

Meh, I have about 100 caches in about a 5 mile radius, that'll keep me busy for a while.

Exactly my point. Once you have those caches found, you will have to widen your radius/drive further. Do you think that gas will be cheaper by then? Get those now, and when gas is up to $5 / gal, then you can get those within 5 miles.

Gas IS $5/gal here. I'm still caching. Someone hit my 180km long multi here today.