What do I do with a *.LOC file

Boltonian

Figured out how to download individual cache locations or whatever waypoints benchmarks or other names I keep finding (why not just one name?) to my 60CSx

I then paid for a years subscription to get access to downloading the 500 or whatever and it gives me a LOC file that doesnt want to open in anything let alone transfer to my device.

I cant cope with doing it one by 1, I will end up smashing the thing or the computer or both in frustration.

The drugs dont help that much any more with mood swings, think I will go back to the doc's.

Figured out how to download individual cache locations or whatever waypoints benchmarks or other names I keep finding (why not just one name?) to my 60CSx

I then paid for a years subscription to get access to downloading the 500 or whatever and it gives me a LOC file that doesnt want to open in anything let alone transfer to my device.

I cant cope with doing it one by 1, I will end up smashing the thing or the computer or both in frustration.

The drugs dont help that much any more with mood swings, think I will go back to the doc's.

Use a program like EasyGPS (free) to transfer the data to your unit.

Thank you to everyone, I am struggling with everything at the moment and am trying to get out and calm down, I say what I feel unfortunately but its the only way I can cope at the moment until I get back to the doctors.

I have had depression for many years and had cancer last year(ish) and surgery to remove it and cannot wait to get an active life again.

My brains are fried from all the tablets I am on and I need some sleep, (Only sleeping for an hour at a time) hence the need to get out and walk to tire me out.

Once again, thank you.

The Boltonian.

(Derek)

Use gpx files instead of LOC when you do a pocket query.

Here's a topic that has the same solutions.

Video from HeadHardhat well done: Tutorial Video on Loading Waypoints and POIs onto a Garmin 60CSx

Please explain in detail why gpx is better than loc for pocket queries. I've been using .loc files, and it creates "Waypoint" entries with matching "Geocache" entries. I only care about the "Geocache" entries right now...don't want the "Waypoints".

Please explain in detail why gpx is better than loc for pocket queries. I've been using .loc files, and it creates "Waypoint" entries with matching "Geocache" entries. I only care about the "Geocache" entries right now...don't want the "Waypoints".

With GPX PQ, I use GSAK with csx macro and get only geocaches with: name, GC number, container, diff/terrain and hint in the note section.

LOC Files

.LOC files are the simplified waypoint descriptor XML files that Geocaching.com uses for basic members in order to be able to transfer waypoints to their GPSr. They are very small and contain very little information. This is just enough information to find and navigate to a paricular cache, but may not be enough to actually complete the find. Puzzle and Multi caches, in particular, can be very difficult using only this format. Either a separate paperless solution or paper printouts of the cache descriptions are necessary in most cases.

GPX files

.GPX files are the robust waypoint descriptor XML files that Geocaching.com uses for premium members in order to be able to transfer waypoints to their GPSr and/or paperless caching application. Quite a lot of information is included in these files. Everything shown on the cache's page at Geocaching.com is available through this file format.

From Th-4tguy.com

Edited by Generoc