South Carolina. Help Please

jaminquimby

We are pretty new in the geocaching world. We have found a few now.

I wanted to get the kids involved. So I am trying to see if anyone had a list or could help me create one.

We live in the Summerville area (29483). The kids are 6 and 1. So we will be bringing a stroller.

I was trying to find maybe 2-3 that were in walking distance of each other. In a low traffic area. hoping to make an afternoon of it with a picnic. Maybe a few found in a park or something along a walking trial. If anyone has any ideas.

Thanks in advance for the help. If anyone else with small kids would like to set up a "catch play date" we would be all for it.

Welcome! I've done a little bit of caching that way. Lots of cachers have different ways to figure out what caches they would like to hunt. One way is just looking at the map, and looking for a park. I don't see any right in Summerville, but there's one I cached out last time I was in Charleston and I think you and your kids would enjoy it. http://coord.info/GC1G916 is the closest to parking and there are 4 others.

The other way to find good caches is by using PQ's and GSAK. You probably want to avoid anything over a 2/2 with a sroller and kids. You can also add attributes to include and there is one for Kid Friendly. You can set up a PQ to give you the nearest caches that fit any requirments.

It looks like there was a meeting yesterday. If you click on show newest caches in SC on your profile page at the top will be future events and you can just see which one(s) are in your area. This is a great place to meet other cachers and get help with anything.

Welcome! I've done a little bit of caching that way. Lots of cachers have different ways to figure out what caches they would like to hunt. One way is just looking at the map, and looking for a park. I don't see any right in Summerville, but there's one I cached out last time I was in Charleston and I think you and your kids would enjoy it. http://coord.info/GC1G916 is the closest to parking and there are 4 others.

The other way to find good caches is by using PQ's and GSAK. You probably want to avoid anything over a 2/2 with a sroller and kids. You can also add attributes to include and there is one for Kid Friendly. You can set up a PQ to give you the nearest caches that fit any requirments.

It looks like there was a meeting yesterday. If you click on show newest caches in SC on your profile page at the top will be future events and you can just see which one(s) are in your area. This is a great place to meet other cachers and get help with anything.

thanks so much for the info! All this stuff is really new to us. I just looked at the meeting and we are so sad we missed it. We are 100% going to make the next one.