Need way to enter coordinates on iphone

I have an iphone w/the geocaching app and a Garmin Colorado. I am planning a kids geocaching bd party and want to plant goody bags around a park and have the kids find them using GPS'es. I went to the location and have the lat/long coordinates but can't figure out how to enter them in either the iphone or the Garmin. I used to have a Tom Tom and it was easy to enter coordinates to search for but on these two, I only can find out where I am but don't know how to enter coordinates so the kids can later search them out.

Can someone tell me how to enter the latitude/longitude coordinates in either the iphone or the Garmin GPS. The garmin just shows me nearby geocaches but mine obviously won't be on the site.

Any help would be appreciated! The party is in 3 weeks.

I have an iphone w/the geocaching app and a Garmin Colorado. I am planning a kids geocaching bd party and want to plant goody bags around a park and have the kids find them using GPS'es. I went to the location and have the lat/long coordinates but can't figure out how to enter them in either the iphone or the Garmin. I used to have a Tom Tom and it was easy to enter coordinates to search for but on these two, I only can find out where I am but don't know how to enter coordinates so the kids can later search them out.

Can someone tell me how to enter the latitude/longitude coordinates in either the iphone or the Garmin GPS. The garmin just shows me nearby geocaches but mine obviously won't be on the site.

No idea on the iphone, but your GPS should allow you to "mark a waypoint". As you are hiding the goodies, mark it, and then do the same for the others. They'll all show up on the GPS as waypoints, then you can do a "go to" on each waypoint, and they can search for them.

Oh, I'd suggest practicing the method before the day of the party. That way you'll be ready.

If you have all the spots already picked, you can do the same from your home(although the GPS will show your home coords), then you can edit the points to show at the areas of the park.

I'd think it to be easier to mark them as you place them.

The best way to learn a GPS is to use it, and often, until you are comfortable with it.

Marking co-ordinates on an iPhone?

I use GPS Motion X, which you can find in the App Store

Also, when viewing the Map in the Official Geocaching App, you can hit the little flag icon in the top right of the screen and mark co-ordinates. If you're marking to hide things, strongly recommend the GPS Motion X method as a much easier method to save multiple waypoints

To mark co-ordinates on the Colorado go to the location, and press the centre of the rock'n'roller wheel for about 3 seconds. It will create a new waypoint for that spot.

For a more accurate method, update to the current firmware using Webupdater(3.5) then use the "Waypoint Averaging" function (found in the red toolbox) and wait until it says "100% confidence".

You may want to take a look at the Colorado Wiki too, which has a lot of useful information for beginners.