PN 40 questions

hikingirl3

I have a couple questions about my new PN 40. I was able to "send to GPS" without trouble the other day, but now I'm getting an indexing error message at the third stage. Any troubleshooting things I should know?

Also, the caches I had sent dissappeared after I changed the batteries. Is there a setting I need to change to make them save to the SD card or something?

Look at the bottom of this post for links to the very helpful PN-40 wiki:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=266020&view=findpost&p=4571445

Additionaly, the forum to which a link is provided is very good place to put PN-40 specific questions as there are many knowledgeable users lurking around.

Not sure about the 3rd step problem as I don't use Send to GPS very often. I mainly use Pocket Querys.

I always thought they were saved on shutdown, but: Menu-Waypoints (or Geocaches)=-Menu-File-Close-Enter(should save), or instead of Close, Save As

Oh-oh: I'm using FW 2.8 and yours might be different. IIRC, lower firmwares automatically save to one file in the internal storage.

Edited by Team CowboyPapa

Thanks! I'll post over there. I think that upgrading my firmware might have been why the geocaches got deleted. I'm not sure why the send to GPS function keeps having that error. Could it have something to do with the Cache Register widget being on my dashboard on my Mac? Can they not function at the same time?

Edited by hikingirl3