Distance on my Garmin

petendebs

From a map 60:

Map Page>Menu>Measure Distance>then pan the white arrow to point A, then hit Entr, setting everything to zero, so you can then pan over to point B, and get the distance, bearing, and L/L, in the little box at the top. If more than 528 ft, one can set the units to yards, and get out 1000 yards before it changes to the dreaded mile breakdown. Hope that the "Oreo-gone" is like the 60. Also, if you hit Entr when at point B, you can measure back to point A, or elsewhere.

I have a Garmin Oregon 200.

I should like to be able to find the distance between 2 points on a map neither of which is my current position and they are not in a direct line with me.

It must be possible. Surely? :blink:

Actually it's very easy. Drop a pushpin by touching your screen where you want the starting point to be, then scroll the screen by dragging it so that the place you want to measure to is under the pushpin, and you'll see the distance listed above in the text area.

I should like to be able to find the distance between 2 points on a map neither of which is my current position and they are not in a direct line with me.

Actually it's very easy. Drop a pushpin by touching your screen where you want the starting point to be, then scroll the screen by dragging it so that the place you want to measure to is under the pushpin, and you'll see the distance listed above in the text area.

Thanks, I like this suggestion better than your first, BUT if I drop a pushpin at location A then move the screen so that location B is under the pin then the display only shows the distance from me to location B.

Did I misunderstand?

Thanks, I like this suggestion better than your first, BUT if I drop a pushpin at location A then move the screen so that location B is under the pin then the display only shows the distance from me to location B.

Did I misunderstand?

No, I think I misunderstood how that pushpin thing worked. Perhaps creating a route will be most accurate.