Anyone used the PN-60wwith SPOT Satellite Communicator ?

solo63137

Anyone used the PN-60w with SPOT Satellite Communicator for Geocaching???

I tried searching for it on here and I did not see much...

I was wonder how it would compare to say the Colorado 400t and the Oregon 550t???

Also wondering about how it Updates Geocaching.com logs from the field?

My Colorado works just fine, but its always nice to stay on top of whats out there...

Looks pretty cool to me, but sometimes looks and Marketing can be deceiving...

Anyone used the PN-60w with SPOT Satellite Communicator for Geocaching???

Yes.

I tried searching for it on here and I did not see much...

Check this:

http://www.amazon.com/DeLorme-Earthmate-Navigator-Satellite-Communicator/dp/B0031QNPAC

I was wonder how it would compare to say the Colorado 400t and the Oregon 550t???

IM(not so)HO, that is an invalid, apples to potatoes comparison. As the Colorado and Oregon do not have a similar wireless capability, I would suggest comparing them to the DeLorme non-wireless PN-60.

Also wondering about how it Updates Geocaching.com logs from the field?

The SPOT Satellite Communicator, when connected to the PN-60w, transmits the message from the PN-60w to the FindMeSpot website and database via the Globalstar Satellite System which then relays it to Geocaching.com

My Colorado works just fine, but its always nice to stay on top of whats out there...

Looks pretty cool to me, but sometimes looks and Marketing can be deceiving...

I have been satisfied with its performance as represented in the descriptions accessed via the link included above.

Edited by Team CowboyPapa

solo63137: I wwould be happy to send you an example message via the SPOT Satellite Communicator if you wish.

Sure; that would be cool.. Thank ya.

Thanks for the replies all. I'm just curious about the technologist and how it work, both the Communicator part and the GPSr itself. I love new technology.

While I know its not comparing apples to Apples, I was just comparing it to the Colorado as thats what I have and all I've used.

I do like my Colorado, but I'm not locked into it of there is something better or worth upgrading too in the future...

My only two complaints about it are Battery life and the fact that they abandoned it and are now longer developing code for it..

solo63137: I would be happy to send you an example message via the SPOT Satellite Communicator if you wish.

Sure; that would be cool.. Thank ya.

Fine, I'll get one off tomorrow while I am walking the dogs.

While I know its not comparing apples to Apples, I was just comparing it to the Colorado as thats what I have and all I've used.

Exactly, and I have not used either of those Garmin model, so I cannot make a comparison between them and a DeLorme.

However, regarding using a DeLorme PN-60 for geocaching, any lack of finding a geocache was not due to any characteristic or lack of functionality on the device itself. I look inward as to the cause and effect. :rolleyes: