Challenge of the Superfriends

glenn95630

I'll admit that I am intriged in the plight of the powerless Superfriends (and it is not just the idea of the potential of two Wonder Womans cruising around). http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/marklent60544/myhomepage/Challenge/ChallengeHub.htm

I was wondering if any predictions/forecasting has been done to predict when the Superfriends reach their first goal. Similar to predicting when the 10,000 cache was placed or when someone will reach 1,000 posts. I realize that past movements of TBs may be a poor predictor of future movements, but it is only for fun anyway. At the rate Wonder Woman is moving, it could be 50 years before she gets to Paradise Island. (Of course this ignores the fact that there are very few caches surrounding Paradise Island so that the last hop will be fairly big.)

Aquaman has travelled 325.44 miles in 119 days, which is a speed of 2.7 miles per day.

Superman has travelled 992.58 miles in 121 days, which is a speed of 8.2 miles per day.

Batman has travelled 154.10 miles in 92 days, which is a speed of 1.7 miles per day.

Wonder Woman has travelled 1,420.84 miles in 111 days, which is a speed of 12.8 miles per day.

That being said, I also have the statistics for how far away each cache is from the The Hall of Justice, their ultimate destination - but the point would be moot. They all have preliminary missions first.

Anyway - predicting the movements of Travel Bugs is a lot less reliable than say, an average number of posts a math geek will make on a math related subject like predictions.

I'm sure their movements will also pick up speed as the warmer weather approaches. More cachers = more chances for Travel Bugs to move.

icon_eek.gif

Markwell

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt

Aquaman has travelled 325.44 miles in 119 days, which is a speed of 2.7 miles per day.

Superman has travelled 992.58 miles in 121 days, which is a speed of 8.2 miles per day.

Batman has travelled 154.10 miles in 92 days, which is a speed of 1.7 miles per day.

Wonder Woman has travelled 1,420.84 miles in 111 days, which is a speed of 12.8 miles per day.

That being said, I also have the statistics for how far away each cache is from the The Hall of Justice, their ultimate destination - but the point would be moot. They all have preliminary missions first.

Anyway - predicting the movements of Travel Bugs is a lot less reliable than say, an average number of posts a math geek will make on a math related subject like predictions.

I'm sure their movements will also pick up speed as the warmer weather approaches. More cachers = more chances for Travel Bugs to move.

icon_eek.gif

Markwell

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt

quote:
Originally posted by glenn95630:

(and it is not just the idea of the potential of two Wonder Womans cruising around).

There aren't REALLY 2 Wonder Womans (Wonder Women???) going around are there?

What is the story behind that? I am just now getting sucked in to the vortex which is The Challenge of the Superfriends. icon_cool.gif Great site.

(By the way, WW is doing JUST peachy with me.)

-----

dartfrogsmall.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by glenn95630:

(and it is not just the idea of the potential of two Wonder Womans cruising around).

There aren't REALLY 2 Wonder Womans (Wonder Women???) going around are there?

What is the story behind that? I am just now getting sucked in to the vortex which is The Challenge of the Superfriends. icon_cool.gif Great site.

(By the way, WW is doing JUST peachy with me.)

-----

dartfrogsmall.jpg

I will be bringing WW from Pennsylvania to the South Bend area this week. I don't yet know exactly which cache I will place WW into - it depends on which cache I find, first of all. But that's less important than this question:

Will WonderWoman be able to get close enough to Chicago in time to catch a ride with Tecmage to Paradise Island?

Can anyone help shuttle her closer to Chicago? Anyone? icon_confused.gif

If you can help, please respond to the thread: The Amazon is passing thru - (please don't post a reply to this thread here) I'm just trying to spread the word without adding confusion. icon_biggrin.gif

I will be bringing WW from Pennsylvania to the South Bend area this week. I don't yet know exactly which cache I will place WW into - it depends on which cache I find, first of all. But that's less important than this question:

Will WonderWoman be able to get close enough to Chicago in time to catch a ride with Tecmage to Paradise Island?

Can anyone help shuttle her closer to Chicago? Anyone? icon_confused.gif

If you can help, please respond to the thread: The Amazon is passing thru - (please don't post a reply to this thread here) I'm just trying to spread the word without adding confusion. icon_biggrin.gif