To All Travel Bug Owners

MinnesotaBen

I am still a rookie approaching my 5th month of geocaches (approaching 120 finds) and trying not to slow down as early darkness and winter hits. Nonetheless, I am truly enjoying this new hobby and appreciate finding and moving your TBs and will never take another vacation without some TBs to move! B)

While I don't have any TBs yet, I treat each TB like it's my own and have no problem replacing a goal sheet, plastic bag, updating a goal, or any repairs I can do.

However, the one thing I can't do on my own is mark a TB as missing. I can add a note on the TB and cache page, which I do each and every time I don't see your TB in a cache. However, it would sure be great if every TB owner could visit their TB page(s) and check to see if there is any "trackable trash" that they could help clean up for everyone.

I can appreciate that it is very frustrating to have a TB go missing and hold out hope it will be found. And I also don't expect every TB is going to be in a cache when I make the find. However, I do know that not all TB owners know this feature is available to them, nor that when it is hopefully rediscovered, it can easily be pulled back to an active status.

Thanks again for putting out your TBs and I look forward to reading any replies from people who didn't know this feature existed and/or hearing how many TBs were marked missing because of this message!

I also have a similar topic started for cache owners.

When I post a Note on the bug confirming the bug is missing I include instructions on How to move the bug out. Not everyone is aware the option is even there.

Unfortunately this Travel Bug has been verified as not being in the cache.

You can remove it from being listed in the cache and place it into an unknown location. This will keep people from making a trip to the cache for a Bug that isn't there.

On the Bug page, under Trackable Item Options is the option "Mark item Missing". Click Go.

You can always retrieve it back out at a later time if it is found or re-released. Thanks.