Garmin GPSmap 62s keeps turning off

garpoonga

New to Garmin, having switched from Magellan.

I am running V 2.7

I did not notice this isse prior to the update, however have only had the unit since 02 Nov. I found that once I turned off battery saver the issue only happened once instead of every time the screen went off. The one time since that it has happened was while in my home town and searching an address in Vegas. Prior to that it was every time the screen went blank the unit powered off.

Anyone else have this issue ?

Also The Garmin manuals are very weak. It's almost like, ok this is what the unit can do now go figure it out. Which is fine by me, it isn't that hard to figure out. BUT, I like to know the whats and whys. Sooooo, does anyone know exactly WHAT battery save does other then turn off the screen ?\

Thanks

I figured it out, it has to do with using classic profile with V 2.7

I also lost all my road data in this profile. Unit works just fine in all other profiles.

New to Garmin, having switched from Magellan.

I am running V 2.7

I did not notice this isse prior to the update, however have only had the unit since 02 Nov. I found that once I turned off battery saver the issue only happened once instead of every time the screen went off. The one time since that it has happened was while in my home town and searching an address in Vegas. Prior to that it was every time the screen went blank the unit powered off.

Anyone else have this issue ?

Also The Garmin manuals are very weak. It's almost like, ok this is what the unit can do now go figure it out. Which is fine by me, it isn't that hard to figure out. BUT, I like to know the whats and whys. Sooooo, does anyone know exactly WHAT battery save does other then turn off the screen ?\

Thanks

Hopefully you are reporting these issues to Garmin so that they can be corrected in a future update.

Hello, same problem noticed on my unit, exactly the same usecase. It's already reported in the Garmin Forum from other users but it seems Garmin keep saying that it has not been reproduced and the problem should come from a non generic file uploaded to the unit.

I'm quite unhappy by Garmin support.