PN-60 geocaches trouble

bobb613

i am having issues with my new PN-60. the other day i was out caching and logged a find and went to search for the next one and the list of caches i had in the gps was gone except for a few. then when i got home to the computer to try and delete those files off my gps it would delete the caches but i could not get rid of the file and i cannot write over the file. so i tried renaming the next PQ and went out and had the same issue again now i have 3 files with no caches in them but cannot delete them or overwrite them. not sure what is going on? anyone help me with this issue? could it be a bad SD Card or is it a software issue? i am totally lost and delorme just asked if i was looking at the unlogged caches screen and not the logged caches screen which i knew which i was looking out. dumb question.

I'm going to propose you ask your question over here where there is a larger group of knowledgeable PN users to offer help. Please provide detail on exactly how you are loading PQs to your PN60.

As for your last sentence, sorry but I don't understand exactly what you're saying. Many people have been caught thinking their caches were gone when they were in fact just switched over to showed logged caches only. It's a common mistake which is why tech support would have asked that.

Edit: I see you did post it on the Delorme forums but we still need more detail as to how the caches are being loaded.

Edited by Pax42

I'll take a poke at it here...are you trying to delete using TopoNA9 Sync? One cannot delete waypoint/cache files on the GPS alone. In the Sync dialog you need to locate the file in the rightmost sync window and X out the file you want to delete.

Heck and all, I'm not able to upload to PhotoBucket to embed a screenshot. You can see it on Flickr here:

http://flic.kr/p/8QomML