are waypoints able to be manually entered?

Can you enter coordinates manually into a handheld GPS device if you aren't at a computer? I can do this with my NuVi, but can you do it in handhelds? We tried on my mom's magellan explorist, can't find a way to do it, only mark where you are. Seems it should be possible, especially if you wanted to use it for hiking, etc.

Can you enter coordinates manually into a handheld GPS device if you aren't at a computer? I can do this with my NuVi, but can you do it in handhelds? We tried on my mom's magellan explorist, can't find a way to do it, only mark where you are. Seems it should be possible, especially if you wanted to use it for hiking, etc.

No idea how you do it on the Explorist but if it's anything like the Garmin, you create a waypoint for your current location, then modify that with the coordinates of the location you want to mark.

Can you enter coordinates manually into a handheld GPS device if you aren't at a computer?

Wow I love this current generation :D I started 'caching when there was no computer-GPS connectivity at all, at least for the GPSr I was using :D

FloridaFour, you're going to have to figure out how to manually enter a coordiate if you're ever going to want to try a multi-cache or puzzle cache, lol