garmin 62 st problems showing cache by name

furballx2

i have tried setup geocaches under geocache icon and cannot get geocaches to list by name only by code. it gives me the option of show names which i highlight and press enter, but it doesnt change. Still shows them by code and not name. any help is appreciated.
It's possible that whatever you are using to transfer the info to your 62 is modifying the name field - and stuffing in the GC code. How are you getting your list(s) and how are you doing the transfer to your 62?

One way to check the name is to bring up a cache and head for the Description page. Does the name show there? If not, it's been removed in the transfer process.

i have tried setup geocaches under geocache icon and cannot get geocaches to list by name only by code. it gives me the option of show names which i highlight and press enter, but it doesnt change. Still shows them by code and not name. any help is appreciated.
It's possible that whatever you are using to transfer the info to your 62 is modifying the name field - and stuffing in the GC code. How are you getting your list(s) and how are you doing the transfer to your 62?

One way to check the name is to bring up a cache and head for the Description page. Does the name show there? If not, it's been removed in the transfer process.

thanks for the help. your comments helped a lightbulb fo off and in fact the problem was during the transfer process from gsak. I am good to go now after a slight adjustment to the process.