downloading maps into Delorme PN-40

njbeachfam

I am a newbie - I've tried to make this TOPO thing work but not much success. I do not understand the different types of maps.what size to make them,how to over lay them, how to cut ?? them, etc. Can anyone suggest I good tutorial? Any suggestions? Do you only add maps for a small area for that day of geocaching or o you load the device with a much large area in case you are out and about and find time for a hike?

I am a newbie - I've tried to make this TOPO thing work but not much success. I do not understand the different types of maps.what size to make them,how to over lay them, how to cut ?? them, etc. Can anyone suggest I good tutorial? Any suggestions? Do you only add maps for a small area for that day of geocaching or o you load the device with a much large area in case you are out and about and find time for a hike?

Multiple dedicated user/gurus can be found here :

http://forum.delorme.com/

"Cream o' the Crop" . . . so to speak.

Be prepared to explain briefly where your difficulties lie,

even if it is square 1.

Norm

There's a pretty good wiki for the PN-40 here. Take a look at the steps under the Map Library Subscription section. The instructions are for Topo7, but they apply well to Topo8 and only slightly less well to Topo9.

For direct questions, the user forum that RRLover pointed you to is helpful.