Geocoin Theft in Maine

hollora

Posting this for a Geocacher from Maine who has just lost their whole collection to a theft from their car in Portland Maine. Although their collection was not HUGE - to them it was great. 19 very loved Geocoins in a backpack were stolen out of their car in the Old Port Section of Portland Maine on Friday night. An Ipod (which was recovered - later in a parking lot and returned), Rx sun glasses and a good flashlight. Other items were left.

The coins belonged to and were actived to Team Horwich. I am not sure if any unactivated coins were in the bag. There were 10 year event coins, GeocachingMaine2007 coin, 2009 & 2010 Lackey coins, a set of kayakerinme coins, a 3D Eartha coin, Geowoodstock 8 and a Bryan Gnome as well as others. 19 in total I think (I am going off his profile).

Please if buying coins on Ebay - make sure they may not be from this haul. Anyone who watches Ebay - if your diligence tells you a coin listed might be one of these - please notify Team Horwich though their GC profile - thank you!

I'd highly recommend that the owner update all of the coin pages (especially since they were activated) to STOLEN. That way, if someone buys the geocoins on eBay, they might, if they go to geocaching.com either to activate or to check them out*, see that the coins are stolen and let the owner know about the seller.

*No guarantee that this will happen, but IMO it's worth a shot.