Rant against mobil device logging trend

DarkZen

He said in the online log that he did not sign the log, and he never would. I have not checked the physical log to see if he was joking, but I don't think he was.

If I delete it, I would be a little concerned that he would smash the puzzle box in retaliation, since in his log he said that he didn't smash it just to sign the log.

I am curious about which cache this is? Looking at your caches, you only have 1 mystery cache, which doesn't seem to be the puzzle box kind.

The cache was listed as a traditional. If you have to complete a puzzle to sign the log I think the cache should probably have been listed an a puzzle/unknown rather than a traditional. That way people are likely to read the description. Expect a few less visitors for a puzzle cache but you'll probably avoid the aggravation.

I hide cool cache containers too and also love to get great logs. But this desire, or actually being sad, that your ego wasn't stroked is interesting. I mean what's worse? The crappy logs or the expectation of good logs? Just an observation, not making judgements.
But obviously you are making judgments. Ego stroking? Asking what's worse? All judgments.

Expecting great logs, aside, let's assume most people enjoy logs that say something interesting. As a representative of this "enjoys interesting logs" group, I go out and hide 2 caches. One is a lot of work to put together and hide but will give cachers a unique experience, the other is very little work. The next day, I get logs on both caches, both logs say only "TFTC."

Am I going to be encouraged to hide more of the first type of cache? The next time someone logs a simple "TFTC" on a cache, using a mobile phone or not, they should consider this question themselves.

Then, do the right thing.

Oh, yeah, don't forget, even if you edit your log afterward to say more than "TFTC. Logged on my Junkberry AppFone" the cache owner only gets notification of your original log, and I don't know about anyone else, but I stopped checking on logs that promise "I'll add more later from my computer" after the first 5 or so promises that still have yet to be edited.

I'd definitely delete the logs. It's a four-star difficulty specifically because of the challenge in signing the log. They made it clear they didn't sign the log because they couldn't solve the puzzle. Delete.
I agree, I would delete the log, but this cache sounds to me like it should have been listed as a puzzle.

But that's a completely different topic. :anibad:

I am curious about which cache this is?

Never mind, I found the log.

Clearly he was annoyed and did not have fun trying to open it. Maybe he did not read your page, which makes it clear that this cache will take some time to open. It is difficulty level 4, after all. If he did read your page, and then got annoyed anyway, that is his own fault. You might change this to a mystery type, if you want. I am not sure if that can be done in the system though.

On the topic: He could have written TFTC but he left a longer log! That's feedback!

Was this always part of the cache page description?

"Equation entry is inside the logbook, which you must sign to log as found."

I am really okay about all of this now:

Yes I was shocked at my first bad log and thought that everyone would appreciate something different. I am not going to change the listing, it is one log out of 23 finds on that cache. Only 11 cachers have solved the whole series that this one is a part of and it has 5 fav points so I am just happy with that. I appreciate all the comments, and I know they came from a helpful place, thank you.

On Topic:

I kind of answered my own feelings when I said on the main topic that every cacher plays their own way and I can just look forward to better next time. There are some great loggers out there and I will be happy when they find any of mine.