Transit Cache?

AikenToCache

Okie day... Here's the deal. We are headed from SC to TX over Christmas. In the last couple of days, we have run across a couple to travel bugs and I have emailed the owners to see if they are okay with a long delay that will yield significant miles, or if they want them back in the wild sooner. So far so good.

I had an idea on the way back to the house from the day of caching... What do you think of a Bug Trap cache? I'd set up a cache hear in SC that would be open until we leave for TX. The specific purpose would be to collect Bugs for a trip West. I'd archive it when we left and spread Bugs out West while caching on our visit.

In the words of my sainted grandmother,"Is that etiquette?"

Well, I think with the way that the Geocaching.com cache guidelines are evolving to meet the increasing demand on resources and time, you might find the cache as I understand it might get denied. Temporary caches not of an event cache nature are now a no-no, so that might be an issue. Why don't you find a place you'd like to set a long-term cache and name and theme it to be your bug trap. Bug-hotel caches have become pretty widely done. Or if you want to change the theme once your trip arrives, just edit the cache listing. And don't forget when you get here to hit Rock Road Adventure! It's kinda tough because it gives very little in the way of hints to figure out its secret, but plenty of folks have proven it findable.

T-storm

http://www.cordianet.com/geocaching

quote:
Originally posted by T-storm:

Snip

And don't forget when you get here to hit http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=5739! It's kinda tough because it gives very little in the way of hints to figure out its secret, but plenty of folks have proven it findable.

T-storm

As a matter of fact, that particular cache is, according to ExpertGPS, exactly 5.0 miles from my in-laws house and is already on the list! Thanks for the reply and idea.

AikenToCache

quote:
Originally posted by AikenToCache:

Okie day... Here's the deal. We are headed from SC to TX over Christmas.

Where in Texas? I am in El Paso, and I may have a great cache for you to try, with a travel bug needing to go east.

Thanks.

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

quote:
Originally posted by AikenToCache:

quote:
Originally posted by KD9KC:

Where in Texas? I am in El Paso, and I may have a great cache for you to try, with a travel bug needing to go east.

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, Texas.

The cache in question and our trip is the west side of Fort Worth...

AikenToCache

Shoot..... that is still a full day's drive east of here. Thanks anyway, but the trip wouldn't be worth it to you, unless you just want to visit and cache in a desert.

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!