Garmin 60 vs. 62

It may be time to move up to a Garmin GPSMAP 62s. I love the ease with which I can use my Garmin GPSMAP 60Cx. I am hoping the buttons and menu functions are close to the same on the 62. Are they close? Or do I have a new learning curve to climb? Thanks.

they are close, but obviously a bit different as it's paperless so and has a compass.

i would think you would catch on pretty quick. i went from a legend hcx which i could use without looking and a month of using the 62, i can do the same with it.

It may be time to move up to a Garmin GPSMAP 62s. I love the ease with which I can use my Garmin GPSMAP 60Cx. I am hoping the buttons and menu functions are close to the same on the 62. Are they close? Or do I have a new learning curve to climb? Thanks.

There will be a learning curve. Despite the unit's shape, the 62 software is NOT based on the 60 series software.

Yes! The 62 has a 'Classic' profile which is the 60. I had many 60s, and now a 62S.

Edited by Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hide

I had a 60 and now have a 62s. The menus are different, but I find the menu system easier to use than the 60. There is always the option to use the "classic" menu system, which I believe is the same interface as the 60. I never felt the need, and have never looked back! I really like the new page feature which steps through a list (which you can set up any way you want) of favorite pages!