Geomate for puzzle caches?

Samsara.x

Hiya folks, having been struggling with my Tomtom for a while (and not finding the last few caches I've searched for; grr), I finally bought myself a Geomate Jr which I hope will help me pin down some of those elusive caches.

Anyway, it arrived yesterday, I've done all the updating and read through all the user guides n stuff, and I have a query. How do I use it to find puzzle caches? There's a few on my 'not found yet' list which I have co-ordinates to parts of the puzzle, which I then solve, then put all the puzzle numbers into a coordinate which will then take me to the cache. Can I do this with the Geomate Jr? Some of these puzzle caches only have one GC code, so how will I know which part of the puzzle I'm at? Will the Geomate take me to each puzzle cordinate in order, or will it take me to the final cache? I'm not sure how it will work ;)

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

A great feature of the Geomate Jr is its simplicity. It's easy to use, very accurate, and you can take it anywhere and have caches ready to find. The downside is that you can't enter coordinates for the next find of a multicache or puzzle cache. However, you can still use it. There is a page that displays your current lattitude and longitude. It is possible by trial and error (and a little bit of logic) to find Ground Zero with just that display. I wouldn't want to do it all the time, but it works in a pinch.

Walking North/South will make the latitude value bigger/smaller, walking West/East will make the longitude value bigger/smaller. Good luck with that

Thanks! I'm in the UK...will that be the same Lat/Long rules? :)

Yes it will be the same all over the Northern hemisphere B)

I've recently bought a Geomate myself and have since bought the cable to connect it to the computer for the updated list. On mygeomate.com you can create a custom cache list with your new coordinates and then you can download them to your geomate. Unfortunately from what I've figured out you cannot add it to the preloaded list. It will only upload the caches from that custom list. So if you don't mind going back to get the cache and perhaps planning ahead a little. You can add all the caches to a list for that hunt. You can always reload an updated list again later. The cable in my opinion is a must and should be sold with the geomatejr. Hope this helps.