DeLorme Eartha 3-D Coin Silent Auction

Team DeLorme

Just a quick note for all those people who have been trying hard to get their hands on one of our elusive DeLorme Eartha 3-D coins...

We've donated one to our local geocaching club who is doing a fundraiser for the Catch-A-Dream Foundation to send a sick child and their family on an outdoor adventure. You can learn more about it at our blog.

If you're just looking for a link to the silent auction, here you go! I'm hoping it helps the Maine GeoRally hit their goal.

Happy caching...

Chip Noble

Team DeLorme

Is the auction for the color pictured or for the copper version?

Will the winner of the Auction be able to own the coin? or will it still be owned by DeLorme?

The auction is for the color pictured: the silver coin. The silver coins are the same as the copper coins, only differing in color. Just like the copper, there were only 250 silver coins made.

The coin is not activated and becomes the property of the owner.

Mike McKenney

Team DeLorme

Team DeLorme - thank you for offering this coin. I was very surprised, but happy, to be the winner. Also, I understand you very generously offered another to be sold to the next highest bidder if they wanted it.

I decided to bid as I was not running the rally and purchasing gas - so the least I could do was give this auction a boost. The coin is in hand and beautiful - thanks again.

The Geo-Rally was a huge success I hear. Congrats to SOMe Geocachers on another great event. And thanks again to all their generous sponsors!

If folks ever get to Maine they should visit DeLorme to see their CoinVault cache - a very nice Geocoin collection - and of course the other caches near Eartha!

Congrats on being the winning bidder for a great cause! I hope you chose to keep the coin and share its great unique design with other cachers. Happy trials.

I will be keeping the coin - it will be activated and it will be shared for discovery purposes at events. Probably will be activated in my Granddaughter's ID as the children are our future. This coin is in antique silver color which is her Mom's fav metal.