TB's taken, but never logged. What can be done?

AirRaidFan

I've had two bugs taken but never logged. One had 9k miles and I hate to lose it. The cachers logged the finds and said they took the bugs, but never logged them on the TB page. They continue to cache but won't answer any emails. Do we have rogue cachers out there who 'collect' travel bugs? Anyone else with same problem. Any solutions?

I would like to see Groundspeak change the wording on the Travel Bug tag from the whimsical poetry to something more akin to specific instructions. For example, the tag could say something such as:

"If you remove this Travel Bug and the item it is attached to from a cache, you must log that you have taken it at the GEOCACHING.COM website. You must then move this Travel Bug and the item it is attached to another cache as soon as possible. The Travel Bug and the item it is attached to are not items that can be kept by the finder, so please do not remove them if you do not intend to keep them traveling."

Seems to be a lot of people taking the travel bugs and keeping them because they didn't know that they were SUPPOSED to do something else with them.

A few travel bugs that I've found and passed on were marked with user-created directions that explained what the travel bug was and what should be done with it.

Until Groundspeak does something similar, I'll also be including supplemental instructions along with the travel bug tags on the items I send out into the hostile world.

I have had the same problem. I find what helps. But it's a nuscience is to attach direction with the TB. I started out with the TB in a Ziplock bag and instructions, I have since created a condensed version of instructions that fit on a 2x3 card that have specific logging instructions etc included on the opposite side are what the goal of the TB is. This, I have laminated and attached directly to the tag. This seems to have helped solve some of the problems. As long as the TB's have goals and directions they seem to keep moving. Those that are without... seem to have gone missing.

This is what I did. I went to the last caches logged by the cachers who took the bugs. I clicked on '...all nearby caches'. I posted a note on the logs of 30 caches each asking if anyone knew the cachers who took the bugs, and if so to please remind them to log the bugs or contact me. Both cachers are caching in a small area, so they'll see their name splattered on the logs of all nearby caches. If I don't get a response that way, well, that's it, I guess.

A wink is as good as a nod, to a blind horse.